James Gunn replies to Rotten Tomatoes mistakenly referring to Peacemaker as Guardians of the Galaxy in the DC Extended Universe timeline.
James Gunn responds to Rotten Tomatoes by mistakenly referring to the Peacemaker as Guardians of the Galaxy in the DC Extended Universe timeline. Gunn began his career writing indie horror before writing scripts for Tromio and Juliet (1997), that live-action Scooby-Doo (2002) and Zack Snyder’s Dawn of the Dead (2004). After making his directorial debut with the horror-comedy Slyther (2006) and his first superhero outing in Super (2010), Gunn made Guardians of the Galaxy household names in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
After his momentary firing by Disney/Marvel Studios in 2019, Warner Bros./DC Films hired Gunn to bring his magic to the DCEU. After last summer’s The Suicide Squad and HBO Max’s spin-off, Peacemaker, Gunn has officially reinvented herself as a champion of misfit comic book characters. It was previously unclear how Gunn’s DC projects fit into the DCEU timeline. Peacemaker’s Season 1 finale confirmed a place in the larger, increasingly warped universe with the appearance of Justice League’s Aquaman and Flash (Superman and Wonder Woman hid in the shadows).
James Gunn recently pointed to an editorial mistake made by Rotten Tomatoes on Twitter. While promoting a guide to the DCEU timeline, Peacemaker was incorrectly labeled Guardians of the Galaxy. Watch Gunn’s reaction below:
Gunn has one leg in the MCU and the other in the DCEU, making him a Hollywood comic book aficionado. Mistakes happen, and none of the above has no doubt been corrected. Unfortunately for Rotten Tomatoes, the Internet is forever. Still, this mislabeling brings to mind the possibility of a Marvel and DC crossover affectionately known as the “Gun-verse”. Gunn has also spoken with “Power-That-Be” about filming his two franchises. He said that the chances of it being successful are slim but not impossible. Maybe someday Christopher Smith/Peacemaker will take his fight with the aliens to outer space.
As a creative, it seems Gunn is at the height of his power. Peacemaker is officially the DCEU’s best-reviewed project on Rotten Tomatoes. The series has already been renewed for a second season. Gunn is currently working with Marvel Studios on the long-awaited third and final installment in their Guardians of the Galaxy franchise. The following Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Gun Peacemaker will return to write and direct Season 2 and, if reports are to be believed, continue to defy expectations, poke fun at Superman’s excrement fetish and expand the DCEU’s gun-verse.
- denis villeneuve marvel
- superhero movies are ruining cinema
- superhero movies are boring
- superhero movies are for idiots reddit
- Why did DCEU fail?
- Which is better MCU or DCEU?
- Can DCEU compete with MCU?
- Why MCU is more successful than DCEU?
- Why is DC not as popular as Marvel?
- Is Marvel copying DC?
- Why is MCU more successful?
- Who wins MCU or DCU?
- Is the Batman in the DCEU?
- Are they rebooting the DCEU?
- Will Marvel and DC ever make a movie together?
- Who has better animation Marvel or DC?
- Is DC a flop?
- Why can’t DC make a good movie?
- Is the Snyder Cut finished?
- Why did Snyder leave Justice League?
- Why is Justice League 4 hours?
- Is Justice League and Snyder cut same?
- What is Houston maritime attorney?
- Do maritime lawyers make a lot of money?
- How do I become a maritime lawyer?
- How much do maritime lawyers make in India?
- Is there money in maritime law?
- Are maritime lawyers in demand?
- What is Merchant Navy salary?
- Can I join Merchant Navy after LLB?
- Can a law student join Navy?
- Can I join Army after BA LLB?
- Is Merchant Navy a military?
- Is merchant navy difficult?
- Is merchant navy is a permanent job?
- Can a girl join merchant navy?
- When was the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea adopted?
- In what country did the oldest code in maritime law history was prepared?
- What is the highest paid lawyer?
- What is international maritime law?
- What is the meaning of maritime contact?
- Is maritime law Hard?
- What do maritime lawyers do?
- Who enforces maritime law?